If you are involved in a motor accident that wasn't your fault, why should you be inconvenienced? U-Drive’s Accident Line services are based on the belief that the party not-at-fault in an accident is entitled to be put back in the position they were in prior to the event. Our services aim to keep you mobile by:
- Providing like for like replacement vehicle whilst your vehicle is off the road.
- Arranging and funding your vehicle repairs.
- Helping you to claim compensation for injury or losses you may have suffered.
Call us on 0844 880 6990 if you've been involved in a non-fault accident.
Our first priority is to provide good advice and then to ensure you stay mobile following an accident.
But we do more than that.
- One of our trained support team will speak to you to record details of the accident.
- Having recorded those details, we will make an assessment of whether there is an identifiable negligent party against whom a claim for losses can be pursued.
- If we are satisfied that we can help, we will then provide you with a replacement hire car for the duration of your vehicle repairs or, if your car is deemed to be a total loss, for five days, after you receive a cheque for the agreed settlement value of your damaged vehicle. If your vehicle is not mechanically or legally capable of being driven then we will deliver a replacement vehicle to you. If your vehicle is still in use following the accident then we will deliver a car to you when your own vehicle is to be repaired.
- At your request, but at our discretion, and in order to save you making a claim on your own insurance policy with the resultant risk of the loss of your no claims bonus, we will also agree the cost of repairs to your damaged vehicle, and authorise and fund those repairs.
- The charges in respect of the inspection and repairs to your vehicle will be recovered from the insurer of the at fault party.
- We will appoint a solicitor to act on your behalf.
- Your vehicle will be repaired by either an insurer, manufacturer or approved body repair shop where the standard of repair will be of the highest standard and where the repairer will provide a warranty against defective repairs.
- We will maintain contact with the repair shop repairing your car and, if you ask us to, we will keep you updated on the progress of repairs.
- Your appointed solicitor will help you recover any other element of loss that you have suffered as a result of the accident e.g. policy excess, travelling expenses, and personal injury.
What about my insurance company?
We will notify your insurance company on your behalf, or ask you to notify them once we have agreed we can help you. They will need to know for information only. The claim is actually against the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident - not yours!
What if I am injured?
If you suffered injury as a result of the accident you are legally entitled to claim compensation. You may have suffered whiplash, or an even more serious injury. We can help ensure you receive the compensation you are due, and what's more, nothing will be deducted from any money you receive to cover legal costs. You will receive 100% of the compensation awarded to you.
In addition, we can arrange for you to receive an immediate treatment assessment and, if required, can arrange for you to receive an immediate course of physiotherapy on a private basis, the costs of which will met in full by the insurer of the at fault party.
What if my passengers are injured?
We can arrange for your passengers to claim any compensation due for injury as well. We will either take details over the phone when you call us, or you could ask them to call us direct on 0844 880 6990.
What replacement transport will I get?
Wherever possible, you will be given replacement transport of a similar standard to your own, e.g. people carrier, motorbike, estate car, prestige car etc.
You'll need to show you have a 'need' for a similar standard vehicle, e.g. you may need a people carrier to transport children to and from school, or a prestige car because of your status at work etc.
Will I end up with a big bill?
Absolutely not! As long as you have told us the truth and continue to co-operate with us, the charge for our hire car and, if applicable, repairs is passed to the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident.