Our New 17-Seat Minibus Lites Can Be Driven On A Regular Car Licence!
21st December 2016 |
The team at U-Drive are proud to introduce our new Minibus Lites! These 17-seat minibuses can be driven on a REGULAR CAR LICENCE and they are also wheelchair accessible.
Most 17-seater minibuses require the driver to have a D1 category in their licence but, by using advanced composite lightweight materials, the Peugeot Minibus Lite achieves a lighter weight, which means you do not need a D1 licence to drive it and it can be driven on a normal driving licence.
If you passed your driving test after 1st January 1997 and do not have a D1 entitlement to drive a minibus, you can still drive the Peugeot Minibus, if;
- You are over the age of 25 and under the age of 70.
- You have held your licence for a minimum of 5 years.
- You are driving on a voluntary basis.
- The maximum weight of the minibus is not more than 4.25 tonnes, including specialist equipment for disabled passengers, e.g. a wheelchair ramp.
- You are not using the minibus to tow.
These minibuses are great for group travel and are now available for daily, short or long term hire. Click here or call us on 0800 980 9966 to book!