Assistant Management Accountant (Maternity Cover) (Poole )
Assistant Management Accountant (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for a well organised and proactive individual to cover maternity leave.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of duties including bank reconciliations, management reports and VAT returns.
Main Duties will include (but not limited to):
· Preparation of monthly sales reports
· Bank reconciliations for the main accounts
· Reconcile all credit card purchases on a monthly basis
· Processing of customer account applications
· Assisting the Finance Manager with the monthly management reporting process
· Balance Sheet reconciliations
· Reconciliation and clear down of branch cash accounts within Access on a monthly basis, ensuring a list of outstanding cash customer invoices is sent to the senior management team
· Importing sales and purchase invoices from the relevant systems into Access
· VAT Returns
· Supporting all members of the team as and when required
Skills & Experience Required
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· Analytical thinking
· Ability to work under pressure
· Competent in using MS Office with in depth knowledge of Excel
· Ability to use your own initiative
· Team player
· Good organisation skills with good time management abilities
· Sound knowledge of accounting functions
· Experience using accounting packages
· GCSE’s (Grade A-C) or equivalent including English and Maths
· Minimum AAT qualified or equivalent
· Currently working towards the ACCA or CIMA qualification
This role is for a one year fixed contract.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wishes to broaden their accounting experience within a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and the motivation to succeed.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your application to Kerry Cousens at email@example.com
Due to the high number of applications received it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within 5 working days after the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Salary: Salary dependant on experience
Posted: Wednesday 25th January 2017