Permanent, Full-time (37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday)
Your new company
Established 40 years ago, U-Drive is a family run company. With 8 branches and a fleet of over 3000 vehicles, U-Drive Ltd is considered the largest wholly independent vehicle rental company in the Southwest.
We are currently looking to recruit a positive and friendly individual with a ‘can do’ attitude. Reporting into the Head of Finance, you will be working 37½ hours per week.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will ideally be an experienced Credit Controller with some formal finance qualifications. In addition:
- You will have an analytical and problem solver mind-set
- Able to negotiate effectively
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- A customer service attitude and the ability to clearly articulate information
- Strong IT skills; Microsoft Office and accounting software
As this is a small and friendly team, being a team-player is key, as well as being a good communicator and able to use your own initiative and challenge information or data.
Duties will include, but are not restricted to:
- Effectively reviewing, managing and collecting monies owing from customer accounts
- Keep bad debts, write off and debt turn to a minimum but maintain the customer relationships and organisation reputation
- Obtaining trade references and undertaking credit checks to determine creditworthiness
- Help set appropriate terms and credit limits
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Resolving invoice and payment queries promptly and efficiently
- Reconciling c500 credit customer ledgers
- Resolving discrepancies
- Producing and distributing customer statements of account etc.
What can we offer you?
In return for your efficiency, commitment, reliability and hard work, the successful Credit Controller will be offered a competitive salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Workplace pension
- 30 Days (Including Bank Holidays) Annual Leave in your first year, accruing an additional day after 24 months service until your 5th year where you will receive 33 Days Annual Leave
- Discounts at 3,000+ stores
- Free on-site parking
- Employee Discount across U-Drive branches
- Employee Wellbeing Program
Poole, Dorset, UK
Head Office - Finance