Due to exciting growth in the company, we are looking for a Driver/Valeter to join our team in Exeter.
Reporting into the Branch Manager you will work a 45-hour rota, inclusive of weekends, and will be providing a complete and efficient driving and valeting service for the hire of rental vehicles, while presenting a positive experience to customers.
The successful candidate will be a hardworking individual, who enjoys a varied workday, whilst working with one of the newest fleets around. They will also be working as part of one of the most essential teams to U-Drive.
About the Role:
- Clean a range of vehicles to U-Drive standards
- Checking vehicles at the end of hire for damage, using the appropriate provided system
- Reporting faults, damage, or general un-roadworthiness in accordance with safety regulations and Company processes
- Drive, deliver and/or collect vehicles to inter-branch or directly to customers as directed by the Branch Manager
- Ensure that the drivers’ log is completed, signing in and out of branches
- Completing the Pre-Rental Vehicle Inspection for every hire
- Parking vehicles in allocated areas depending on the status of vehicle
- Showing customers to vehicles, marking damage, showing controls, discussing vehicle equipment, fuel type etc to ensure the understanding of the vehicle and customer parking allocations
Established 40 years ago, U-Drive is a family-owned and operated vehicle rental company supplying high quality cars, LCVs, and specialist vehicles across the UK. Our friendly team take pride in working together to provide superb service to our business customers and private hirers alike.
Key skills, qualifications and attributes required include:
- Have a full and clean UK driving licence
- Have a positive, ‘Can do’ attitude
- Be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels to ensure appropriate levels of customer service and care
- Be able to work successfully within a team, being honest and trustworthy at all times
- Have respectable presentation at all times to keep in line with company standards
- Be able to prioritise customers whilst delivering a high-quality service which meets Company Standards in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Be able to respond promptly and effectively to queries and issues, whilst being friendly and polite
- Have sound general knowledge of vehicle cleaning, whilst also have a good attention to detail
What We Can Offer You:
- 30 Days (Including Bank Holidays) Annual Leave in your first year, accruing an additional day after 24 months service until your 5th year where you will have 33 days Annual Leave
- Training and development opportunities
- Discounts at 3,000+ stores
- Free Eye Tests
- On-Site Parking
- Competitive Pension
- Employee Discount across U-Drive branches
- Employee Wellbeing Program
Location: Exeter, Devon
Salary: £23,400 per annum
Get in contact with our recruitment team on 01202 013657 or [email protected]
Ideally, The successful candidate will be a hardworking individual, who enjoys a varied workday, with past experiance in either driving or valeting.