We have an exciting opportunity for a Vehicle Mechanic to join our team in Poole due to growth and expansion.
This is a permanent position offering £32,000.00.
Working Hours: 40 hour week, Monday to Saturday on a rota basis.
About the Company:
U-Drive is a reputable family-owned vehicle rental company with a 40-year history. We specialize in providing a diverse range of high-quality cars, LCVs, and specialist vehicles across the UK. Our team takes pride in offering excellent service to both business customers and private hirers.
To provide a complete and efficient maintenance and service operation for all vehicles.
- Undertake pre-planned vehicle maintenance on both customer and U-Drive vehicles
- Perform test drives, inspections, and other diagnostic tests on vehicles to identify where problems exist and determine which parts need to be repaired or replaced
- Complete preventative maintenance on vehicles including oil changes and replacing brakes
- Generate timelines and estimates on repairs, discussing options with customers
- Maintain accurate records relating to customers, their vehicles, parts, and service history
- Use workshop equipment as instructed, performing regular maintenance and repairs when required
- Any other duties as required
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Positive “Can Do” attitude
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Light Vehicle Mechanical, Maintenance and Repair
- Have 2 years’ experience as a Mechanic
- Be a good team player
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ensuring machinery and equipment is safe and maintained in working order - preventative maintenance
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices ensuring area is always clean and tidy
- Ensuring compliance with environmental and health and safety policy and rules
- Conscientious team member
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Employee discount on U-Drive rental vehicles including discount for friends and family
- Company sponsored training and development opportunities
- Access to Employee Discount Program offering savings on over 3,000 retailers
- Employee Assistance Program in partnership with Health Assured
- On-site parking
If you are a hardworking individual who thrives in a varied workday and values customer service, this is your chance to join an essential team at U-Drive. No prior experience is necessary as full training will be provided.
Apply now, and our Recruitment Team will be in touch to discuss your application.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity.
Qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Light Vehicle Mechanical, Maintenance and Repair. Have 2 years’ experience as a Mechanic