We have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop Controller to join our head office in Poole.
This is a permanent position offering £30,000 - £32,000.
Working Hours: Full - Time 40 Hours
About the Company:
U-Drive is a reputable family-owned vehicle rental company with a 40-year history. We specialize in providing a diverse range of high-quality cars, LCVs, and specialist vehicles across the UK. Our team takes pride in offering excellent service to both business customers and private hirers.
U-Drive is looking for an experienced Workshop Controller to join the team in our Poole Head Office. The ideal candidate will need to have a proven track record of running an efficient workshop environment or as a Workshop Controller. We would also consider candidates who are experienced technicians and have demonstrated strong supervisory skills in previous roles and are now looking for the next step in their career.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
- Managing and delegating the workload of the Technicians to ensure smooth running of the Workshop.
- Managing and delegating the workload of the Mobile Technicians and Mobile Tyre Fitter to ensure smooth running.
- Managing time and resource is key to ensuring productivity is maximised and that deadlines are adhered to.
- Supporting front desk Service Advisors and addressing customer queries which may include road tests.
- Responsibility for the quality of Technician output covering all mechanical and report aspects as well as audit compliance.
- Ensuring all aspects of Health and Safety are maintained in the Workshop.
- Ordering of parts to meet Workshop needs.
- Mentoring and developing the Technician team and Apprentices to ensure they meet all aspects of training and personal development.
Qualifications and Attributes:
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
- Positive “Can Do” attitude.
- Proven track record of running an efficient workshop environment.
- We would also consider candidates who are experienced technicians and have demonstrated strong supervisory skills in previous roles.
- The ability to prioritise and make decisions along with excellent communication skills both verbal and written are vital to the role.
- Ideally Quality Control/Audit Compliance Experience
- Proactive, process driven, enthusiastic and committed to meeting the high quality of work expected.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels or from different backgrounds to ensure appropriate levels of customer service and that deadlines are adhered to.
- Good knowledge of U-Drive services.
- Team player.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Respectable presentation always.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Employee discount on U-Drive rental vehicles including discount for friends and family
- Company sponsored training and development opportunities
- Access to Employee Discount Program offering savings on over 3,000 retailers
- Employee Assistance Program in partnership with Health Assured
- On-site parking
If you are a hardworking individual who thrives in a varied workday and values customer service, this is your chance to join an essential team at U-Drive. No prior experience is necessary as full training will be provided.
Apply now, and our Recruitment Team will be in touch to discuss your application.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity.
£30,000.00 - £32,000.00
• Proven track record of running an efficient workshop environment.