We have an exciting opportunity for a Fleet Controller to join our head office in Poole.
This is a permanent position offering £28,000 - £30,000
Working Hours: Full - Time 40 Hours
About the Company:
U-Drive is a reputable family-owned vehicle rental company with a 40-year history. We specialize in providing a diverse range of high-quality cars, LCVs, and specialist vehicles across the UK. Our team takes pride in offering excellent service to both business customers and private hirers.
U-Drive is looking for an experienced Fleet Controller to join our team in Poole Head Office. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and understanding of motor vehicles, service, maintenance, and repair requirements. They will also have the ability to identify excessive repair estimates.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
- Managing requests for authorisations to repair vehicles, ensuring costs are not excessive and only required work is being undertaken.
- Identifying and marking potential SMR work for recharging to the hirer.
- Managing time and resource is key to ensuring productivity is maximised and that deadlines are adhered to.
- Supporting Fleet Administrators and advising with best SMR channel.
Qualifications and Attributes:
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
- Positive “Can Do” attitude.
- Knowledge and understanding of motor vehicles, service, maintenance, and repair requirements.
- We would also consider candidates who are experienced technicians and have demonstrated strong skills in previous roles.
- The ability to prioritise and make decisions along with excellent communication skills both verbal and written are vital to the role.
- You should be proactive, process driven, enthusiastic and committed to meeting the high quality of work expected.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels or from different backgrounds to ensure appropriate levels of customer service and that deadlines are adhered to.
- Good knowledge of U-Drive services.
- Team player.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Respectable presentation always.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Employee discount on U-Drive rental vehicles including discount for friends and family
- Company sponsored training and development opportunities
- Access to Employee Discount Program offering savings on over 3,000 retailers
- Employee Assistance Program in partnership with Health Assured
- On-site parking
If you are a hardworking individual who thrives in a varied workday and values customer service, this is your chance to join an essential team at U-Drive. No prior experience is necessary as full training will be provided.
Apply now, and our Recruitment Team will be in touch to discuss your application.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity.
£28,000.00 - £30,000.00