Customer Service Representative
Established over 35 years ago, U-Drive is a family run company. With 8 branches and a fleet of over 3000 vehicles, U-Drive is considered the largest wholly independent vehicle rental company in the Southwest.
We are currently looking to recruit a positive and friendly individual with a ‘can do’ attitude. Reporting to the Branch Manager you will mainly deal with customers coming into the branch on a day to day basis and any customer enquiry arising.
About the Role
- Generating quotes based on a customer’s requirements and taking bookings
- Confirming vehicle bookings and customer’s needs through customer calls
- Administration of Rental Hire Contracts
- Using internal systems to create and process the vehicle bookings
- Check customer ID presented and make decisions based on our insurance requirements
- Offering additional insurance products, upgraded vehicles or add-on sale items at point of sale
- Checking vehicles in and out with a customer and generating and explaining terms of the hire with the customer
- Taking payments and making refunds via credit cards and cash handling and online payment processing
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints, over the phone and face to face
- Undertaking vehicle checks with the customer highlighting existing and new damage caused during hire
- Managing vehicle faults, damage or SMR of vehicle to workshops
- Assisting with deliveries and collections of vehicles when required
- Assisting with valeting of vehicles when required
Additional branch duties and responsibilities will usually be given after completion of probation (team time-sheet keeping, fuel logging & tracking, vehicle allocation and booking scheduling etc.)
Previous succesful applicants have come from Sales, Retail and Customer Support and Customer Service roles.
U-Drive is a growing business and the opportunities for development and promotion are excellent. We endeavour to recruit and train Sales Advisors who we feel could be Branch Managers of the future. The working environment is exciting, fast-paced and ever-changing and no two days are the same!
Team members must:
- Have a full clean UK driving licence
- Have a positive, ‘Can do’ attitude
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Be a team player
- Provide excellent customer service
- Have an excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Be able to work to deadlines and work under pressure
- Be resilient and be able to deal with customer queries and complaints
What We Can Offer You
- 30 Days (Including Bank Holidays) Annual Leave in your first year, accruing an additional day after 24 months service until your 5th year where you will have 33 Days Annual Leave.
- Discounts at 3000+ stores
- Free Eye Tests
- On-Site Parking
- Competitive Pension
- Employee Discount across U-Drive branches
- Employee Wellbeing Program
- Training and Progression
This role leads to career progression as a Mangement Trainee, Assistant Manager and Branch Manager
You will be working 45 hours per week on a rota basis including weekends.
- Bristol, Somerset, UK
Customer Service Representative
Previous customer service experience an advantage, must hold a full UK Driving Licence