Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
In order to operate the U-Drive Limited recruitment system, we will collect and store personal information you submit to us via this recruitment website. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how the company uses and protects the information you provide.
The online recruitment system is provided and hosted by U-Drive Limited and a third party supplier. When you supply your personal information, we will process it in accordance with this privacy statement and in accordance with any privacy notice we give to you. The statement is subject to change at any time. We recommend that you check the privacy statement each time you visit this site.
Information that we collect from you and your use of this website
Information you give us
When you visit www.u-drive.co.uk/vacancies you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your name, postal address, contact details (including telephone number and email address), date of birth, CV and employment history.
Some of the information is mandatory in order for U-Drive to consider an application for a vacancy or meet its statutory monitoring and reporting responsibilities. However, where indicated, some of the information is optional and you can choose not to complete all sections.
We may automatically receive and save certain types of information whenever you interact with this website. We use the information to monitor website traffic and to assist with the navigation and user experience of the website.
Information that we will automatically receive includes:
- Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
- IP (Internet Protocol) address (this may or may not identify a specific computer)
- Domain name from which you access the internet
- Referring URL
- Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page
- Date and time pages were visited
How we handle the data that is submitted by you
Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process and used for anonymised reporting purposes. Data entered as part of an application is stored in the system and will be made available to an applicant to ‘re-use’ as part of a future application.
Please be aware that U-Drive Limited uses a third-party supplier to hold the information you submit. The third-party company will not share your data with anyone other than us and a contract is in place with the third-party supplier to ensure that data is only processed in accordance with our instructions and that appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken to safeguard the security of your data.
In the event of your application resulting in an offer and you accept a position at U-Drive Limited, your personal information will be sent to and held in the company staff database. We will give you a further copy of our Employment Privacy Notice setting out how we will use your personal information.
Data Protection Legislation
U-Drive Limited is the data controller in respect of your data. As the data controller U-Drive Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as required under the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”) and is listed in the Public Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z7303418. Personal information will only be collected and/or processed by the company in accordance with the Act.
Lawful grounds for Processing
We will process your application data under the following lawful grounds, as set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Act:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract we have entered into with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an employment contract;
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations);
- the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life (or their vital interests).
Disclosure of your Information
The information you provide to us will be held by one or more third-party suppliers in the UK who provide services to us for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. They may provide support services to the U-Drive Limited or on our behalf.
Except as set out in this policy, any privacy notice we give to you or as required by law, your personal data will not be provided to any third-party.
Data Protection Statement:
The personal data you provide in your application and as part of the recruitment process will only be held and processed for the purpose of the selection processes of U-Drive Limited and in connection with any subsequent employment or placement, unless otherwise indicated. Your data will be retained only for as long as is permitted by UK legislation and then destroyed.
By submitting your personal data and application, you:
- declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements set out in this Privacy Statement and our Employment Privacy Notice;
- declare that the information given in the application is complete and true to the best of your knowledge, and understand that deliberate omissions and incorrect statements could lead to your application being rejected or to your dismissal;
- authorise U-Drive Limited to verify or have verified on their behalf all statements contained in this application and to make any necessary reference checks.
Unsuccessful applicant data will be held within the recruitment system for a period of six months before being deleted in order that you can access and re-use data in future applications and we can respond to statutory reporting requests.
The following section explains your rights. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
We will grant your request only to the extent that it follows from our assessment of your request that we are allowed and required to do so under data protection laws. Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to provide you with rights beyond or in addition to your rights as a data subject under data protection laws.
- The right to be informed - You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. We will process your data in line with this Privacy Statement and any privacy notice we give to you.
- The right of access - You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information about how it is used. This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your personal information in accordance with data protection law. We can refuse to provide information where to do so may reveal personal information about another person or would otherwise negatively impact another person‘s rights.
- The right to rectification - You can ask us to take reasonable measures to correct your personal information if it’s inaccurate or incomplete e.g. if we have the wrong date of birth or name for you.
- The right to erasure - This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it or its use is unlawful. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions, e.g. where we need to use the information in defence of a legal claim.
- The right to restrict processing - You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability - You have rights to obtain and reuse certain personal information for your own purposes across different organisations. This enables you to move, copy or transfer your personal information easily between our IT systems and theirs (or directly to yourself) safely and securely, without affecting its usability. This only applies to your personal information that you have provided to us that we are processing with your consent or to perform a contract which you are a party to, which is being processed by automated means.
- The right to object - You have the right to object to certain types of processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time insofar as that processing takes place for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by U-Drive Limited or by a third party. We will be allowed to continue to process the personal information if we can demonstrate “compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms” or we need this for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling - You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which significantly affects you, subject to some exceptions. Where this is the case, you have the right to obtain human intervention, voice your concerns and to have the decision reviewed.
For further information regarding these rights, about this Privacy Statement generally or to make a complaint please contact:
- By mail: U-Drive Limited, Fancy Road, Poole, Dorset. BH12 4QH
- By email: email@example.com
Please provide as much information as possible to help us identify the information you are requesting, the action you are wanting us to take and why you believe this action should be taken.
Before assessing your request, we may request additional information in order to identify you, for security reasons and to safeguard against an unlawful disclosure of your data. If you do not provide the requested information and, as a result we are not in a position to identify you, we may refuse to action your request.