Due to recent expansion, we are looking to fill our brand-new role of Bid Writer!
Reporting directly into the Directors, you will be working 45 hours per week, weekend working is essential, whilst also being responsible for creating overall compelling and engaging high scoring submissions as well as writing both technical and non-technical quality bid responses, pre-qualifications, and general bid submissions.
The successful candidate will have the personality, talent, drive, enthusiasm, and attention to detail that this role requires, along with proficient IT skills and a strong understanding of Microsoft Office formats whilst being a strong communicator both written and verbally. Ideally, the successful candidate will have previous bidding experience.
About the Role:
- Monitor tender notification services and identify suitable tender notices.
- Own all parts of a written tender response, as defined within the bidding approach.
- Working with other teams within U-Drive to assess and prepare bid plans, processes, and responses.
- Assist with the completion and submission of high quality and high-impact pre-tender material, tenders, presentations, evidence, and associated documents.
- Assist with the maintenance of and up-to-date and comprehensive library of bid materials.
- Contribute to the review and design of bid materials, such as requirements, processes, and responses.
- Working Monday to Friday, 8 hours shifts, with weekends.
- Commencing as an office-based role, some home working can be considered.
- Ideally this is a full-time position, however part time working, and flexible working would be considered.
Established 40 years ago, U-Drive is a family-owned and operated vehicle rental company supplying high quality cars, LCVs, and specialist vehicles across the UK. Our friendly team take pride in working together to provide superb service to our business customers and private hirers alike.
Key skills, qualifications and attributes required include:
- Strong written communication skills and proven experience of writing technical documents, essays, dissertation, or projects.
- A high standard of spelling and grammar.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A good level of professional presentation.
- A good level of personal organisation and time management, as well as the ability to work flexibly to meet deadlines.
- Adapt at creating and managing documents in standard Microsoft Office formats.
- Editing, proof-reading and report formatting skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
What We Can Offer You:
- Flexibility of working from the office and home
- 30 Days (Including Bank Holidays) Annual Leave in your first year, accruing an additional day after 24 months service until your 5th year where you will have 33 days Annual Leave
- Training and development opportunities
- Discounts at 3,000+ stores
- Free Eye Tests
- On-Site Parking
- Competitive Pension
- Employee Discount across U-Drive branches
- Employee Wellbeing Program
Location: Poole, Head Office
Salary: £30,000 o £35,000 per annum
Head Office - Sales
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Ideally, the successful candidate will have previous bidding experience. along with proficient IT skills and a strong understanding of Microsoft Office formats whilst being a strong communicator both written and verbally